- This event has passed.
Watercolor Workshop with CHARLES MURPHY
November 15 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$150
Need a creative outlet?
Are you new to Watercolor painting?
Or are you a seasoned painter looking for some new inspiration?
Join us for a full-day workshop with CHARLES MURPHY, one of our region’s leading artists. This workshop has something to offer the new artist to the more advanced… all are welcome to participate.
Charles has an expansive teaching knowledge with students leaving the day feeling rather accomplished- often returning home with more than one painting.
Lunch & refreshments included. Please inform the staff of any dietary issues/allergies when phoning to register. #231 264 0123.
- FROM HOME:
- PAPER TOWELS, MASKING TAPE, WATER BUCKET, HB OR 2B PENCILS, ERASER, PLASTIC PICNIC KNIFE, WAXED PAPER, CLING WRAP, SPONGE
- FROM ART SUPPLY:
- WATERCOLOR BRUSHES (SABLE OR SYNTHETIC) IN SIZES: 1″ FLAT, 1/2″ FLAT, #6, #7 OR #8 ROUND, #2 ROUND & A RIGGER BRUSH
- PAPER: 140TH COLD PRESSED IN SHEETS OR 22″x30″ OR ON A BLOCK OF YOUR SIZE PREFERENCE (SPIRAL BOUND OR TEAR OUT TABLET PAPERS ARE USUALLY INFERIOR
- A PAINTING BOARD FROM WHICH TO TAPE YOUR PAPER
- COLORS: TUBE COLORS ARE PREFERRED VS CAKE OR PANS
- CHARLES PALETTE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING COLORS: LEMON YELLOW & AUREOLIN, RAW SIENNA, QUINACRIDONE GOLD, CAD. YELLOW DEEP, CAD. RED LIGHT, BURNTSIENNA & BURNT UMBER, PERMANENT ROSE & PERMENANT MAGENTA, COBALT BLUE & ULTRAMARINE BLUE, VIRIDIAN & SAP GREEN, PAYNE’S GREY
6 student max