- This event has passed.
WATERCOLOR WORKSHOP with Charles Murphy “Dynamic Skies”
August 2, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$150
Whether you want to build upon earlier lessons, are new to Watercolor, or are a seasoned artist, Charles Murphy is prepared to meet you where you are at with his next watercolor workshop, “Dynamic Skies.” This day-long class will meet outside under our great, white pines (weather permitting) & help you fine tune your skills with clouds & sky scenes.
Lunch is included, with refreshments available all day. Please let staff know of any dietary restrictions or allergies.
Class size will be limited to 6 – 8 students. Please phone the gallery to register. #231 264 0123.
Students bring own supplies:
- FROM HOME:
- PAPER TOWELS, MASKING TAPE, WATER BUCKET, HB OR 2B PENCILS, ERASER, PLASTIC PICNIC KNIFE, WAXED PAPER, CLING WRAP, SPONGE
- FROM ART SUPPLY:
- WATERCOLOR BRUSHES (SABLE OR SYNTHETIC) IN SIZES: 1″ FLAT, 1/2″ FLAT, #6, #7 OR #8 ROUND, #2 ROUND & A RIGGER BRUSH
- PAPER: 140TH COLD PRESSED IN SHEETS OR 22″x30″ OR ON A BLOCK OF YOUR SIZE PREFERENCE (SPIRAL BOUND OR TEAR OUT TABLET PAPERS ARE USUALLY INFERIOR
- A PAINTING BOARD FROM WHICH TO TAPE YOUR PAPER
- COLORS: TUBE COLORS ARE PREFERRED VS CAKE OR PANS
- CHARLES PALETTE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING COLORS: LEMON YELLOW & AUREOLIN, RAW SIENNA, QUINACRIDONE GOLD, CAD. YELLOW DEEP, CAD. RED LIGHT, BURNTSIENNA & BURNT UMBER, PERMANENT ROSE & PERMENANT MAGENTA, COBALT BLUE & ULTRAMARINE BLUE, VIRIDIAN & SAP GREEN, PAYNE’S GREY