Elk Rapids kicks off the Summer Spectacular Art Tour with Art Beat of Elk Rapids on Saturday, June 2.
Three of Northern Michigan’s award-winning galleries will be participating in an open house gallery walk from 10 am to 5 pm.
Mullaly’s 128 Studio & Gallery, The Blue Heron Gallery and Twisted Fish Gallery all offer original fine art, along with many affordable artist-made items. Art Beat festivities include guest artists demonstrating their work, with refreshments served all day. Stop by for a mimosa, wine, hors d’oeuvres, or other tasty treats. Three $100 gift certificates be drawn from those visiting all three galleries.
Here’s what to look forward to at Twisted Fish:
Throughout the day, Saturday, June 2:
- Hourly gift certificate drawings.
- Artist Dick Davis demonstrating metal and leather work.
- Cathy Brown showing her jewelry.
- Sculptor Bernadette Zachara-Marcos working with clay and other materials.
- Plein air painting in Twisted Fish Gallery’s gardens. Bring your easel and join the fun!
From 10 am to noon:
- Margaret Meunch Learner – Weaving wool rag rugs
- Margaret White – Painting with oil pastels
- Willian White – Painting with acrylics
- Betty Bea Washburn – Painting with watercolors
From noon to 2pm:
- Charles Murphy – Painting with watercolors
- William Sievert – Painting with acrylics
There’s something for everyone to enjoy at the unique experience that is Art Beat! Plan to be there,
and kick off the summer art season Saturday, June 2 from 10 am to 5 pm in the village of Elk Rapids.
Bring the whole family!